Repeat prescriptions are issued for medication which your doctor has agreed you need to take on a regular basis. These are usually issued on a two monthly basis, but you will need to see your doctor periodically so that your treatment can be monitored.
New patients will need to be seen by the doctor before any current medication can be issued.
You may request medication using any of the following methods:
- Use the order form attached to your prescription, tick the items you require and send it through the post enclosing a SAE if you require your prescription posting back to you.
- Alternatively you can order your prescription online via the link at the top of this page, or by filling in a form at reception. Once registered simply click on the link and follow the instructions.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception or the chemist you have chosen to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Please give 5 working days notice (this is from the day that we receive your request and does not include weekends.)
Prescriptions may be picked up between the hours of 08:30 and 18:00 Monday to Friday.
Not Registered for Online Services?
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.